Spring and Summer off-road groups – (BST following the clock-change)
On Tuesday evenings throughout the Spring & Summer we run in groups off-road on trails, tracks and fells. Sometimes boggy, often muddy and always hilly.
We currently have three regular Tuesday evening groups:
- Beginner (about an hour at a jog/walk pace). Perfect for those new to fell running or those who would like to increase their confidence.
- Social (about 1.5 hours and around 12k). Perfect for those who love running and simply want to get out onto the moors in an evening with friends
- Faster group (about 1.5 hours and up-to 15k). For those who enjoy going a little bit faster
These groups meet at the Totley Pavilion at 6.3opm (the Totley AC Pavilion is at the top of the cricket field, the opposite side to the Cricket Inn.)
- Penny Lane / Lane Head Rd, Totley, Sheffield S17 3BA
- Google Maps link here: https://goo.gl/maps/uW3RKWqtR1V3d5qS7
Autumn & Winter road-running groups – (GMT following the clock change)
On Tuesdays throughout the Autumn and Winter we run on-road regardless of the weather
Groups will be arranged closer to the time. Runs are normally around 12k to 14k and always hilly
We meet in the Hammer & Pincers car park at 6.30pm – don’t park in the car park! There is loads of on-street parking around this area. The Hammer & Pincers has introduced one of those draconian number-plate recognition systems for their car park which automatically generates parking fines.
- Bent’s Drive / Ringinglow Rd, Bents Green, Sheffield S11 7PW
- Google Maps link: https://goo.gl/maps/bPG4hVxPQqeJQgjm8
Advance booking is essential as we’re currently limited to groups of 6. These groups are open to members and non-members alike. As usual, non-members are welcome to join us a few runs to see if they’d like to join the club.
Totley AC members see the link to the booking form on the Totley AC private Facebook page (the link is in an announcement on the page) or get in touch for the link
Non-members: we don’t currently don’t have extra spaces. When this changes, I’ll reactivate the following form: https://forms.gle/MdpR6hV4vWnBWN8U9
Get in touch with the Tuesday running groups coordinator by emailing Chris Day – firstname.lastname@example.org